We hope you enjoyed 2016 and are looking forward to the year ahead. As we start 2017, I’m delighted to share news on our new Emerald Publishing and Emerald Group brands and welcome your feedback.
Our new brands
Emerald has been on an exciting journey in recent years, growing from one company into a group of businesses and expanding our offering to help you meet new challenges and opportunities.
As a result, we are now launching the new Emerald Group brand to comprise all of our existing companies, as well as new offerings we plan for the future:
Reflected in this organizational chart, our global publishing business will now be called Emerald Publishing and continue to provide you with online access to books, journals and case studies through emeraldinsight.com.
How can we help you?
As part of these brand changes, we have been asking you what we do well and what we could do better to help you in these times of change. In response, we heard thousands of views from researchers, authors, librarians and practitioners worldwide, for which we’re extremely grateful. Many insights emerged, including two key points that came through loud and clear:
- Whatever your role in the world of research, you need more help to make an impact and demonstrate value, and you need a publisher to make this easier
- Whether you work in research or practice, there are lots of competing pressures and not much time to find what you need to help you reach a decision.
This is certainly something we are taking on board and making central to our strategy in the years ahead. Rather than keep you here, I invite you to visit our websites and take a look at the latest developments:
- emeraldgroup.com introduces our aim to help you cut through the information overload and make decisions that count based on research that matters
- emeraldpublishing.com is in early development to provide clearer access to useful resources that can help you make an impact
- emeraldinsight.com - which contains 300 journals, more than 2,500 books and over 1,500 case studies - is being continually developed to improve the research experience
We are developing these digital channels and products based on user input and I look forward to our teams connecting with as many of you as possible in the months ahead to continue this process.
Emerald turns 50!
This year is particularly exciting for Emerald as we celebrate our 50th anniversary. To mark this milestone, I would like to echo the words of our founder, Dr Keith Howard OBE, and thank you all for your relationship with our business over the years.
You can read Keith’s words and find out more about our story at our 50th anniversary website and I hope we will have an opportunity to celebrate with you at one of the many events we plan to attend in the year ahead.
For now, on behalf of the team here at Emerald, I would like to wish you a very happy and successful 2017.
Richard Bevan, CEO, Emerald Group
As a final note, we will be using the blog to update you on news about Emerald Group and its subsidiary business, but also – equally – as a channel for thought leadership, raising debate and offering insight in relation to academic publishing, new research and the world around us.